What to expect during your pet's stay:
- For drop-off procedures, please ensure your pet is brought to us at 7:45 am unless otherwise specified by the doctor. This will allow our team to collect additional history and go through the appropriate paperwork with you
- For day hospitalization appointments, you should receive a treatment plan outlining an estimate of cost before your pet’s scheduled appointment. The document will allow you to sign digitally and return it to us ahead of time. Please complete this at least 48 hours before your visit. You will also receive a consent form to fill out and sign on the morning of the hospitalization appointment. Please arrive at 7:45 am to allow us sufficient time to prepare your pet for their procedure. We will greet you in reception and complete the admission process with you at this time, please allow at least 15 minutes for this process.
- Your pet does not need to fast unless specified otherwise. If directed to fast, please withhold food for at least 8 hours prior to drop off. Water does not need to be withheld overnight.
- Please bring only your pet’s collar and leash.
- If your pet is anxious and requires a pre-appointment sedative, please ensure you give this medication as directed before the appointment. If you need a refill of this medication, please reach out to us or your previous veterinary clinic if your pet has not yet seen a Dr. Treat vet.
What to expect during the day:
- If any additional treatments or procedures are required, you will receive a call to discuss these additional treatments and the associated cost before we proceed.
- We will text you during the day with updates on your pet’s treatment progress. Please understand, however, that our caseload is unpredictable and that we are unable to specify exactly what time these may occur.
- Please plan to pick up your pet around 5 pm. You will be given a specific discharge time when our team updates you during the day of the appointment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.